To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

You could possibly have a leaky toilet, faucet that's difficult to detect, or a leak somewhere else on your plumbing.  Check out our water leaks page or call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.  TPCWD still uses mechanical meters.  As a mechanical meter wears it registers less water which is in favor of the customer.  Typically the meter is not the issue.

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks.  Many of our services have an individual pressure reducing valve (IPRV).  IPRVs can cause low pressure.  We may have an issue that needs corrected.  Call our office and report low pressure.  We will take look at the issue.

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.  If the milky look persists for more than a day call the office so flushing to remove the air can be performed.

All public water systems are required to maintain a minimum chlorine level of 0.2 mg/L (tested at the end of each line) by state law.  Our disinfectant levels are tested daily to ensure proper levels and the safety of the water provided to our customers.  There are other conditions that can result in poor water quality.  If you have a condition that persists give the office a call so we can discuss the issue.

Most likely your water heater needs to be flushed. The water is softened at the TPCWD treatment plant, but some calcium which causes hard water is still present and can collect in your hot water heater.  Your hot water heater should be flushed at least yearly to correct this issue.  CAUTION: Most manufacturers recommend hiring a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and or damaging the water heater.

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Sometimes when performing a search on the internet the results that it returns are third party bill payment companies.  These third party bill payment companies charge additional fees and can result in delayed receipt of your payment.  Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Call the office and report the area as a possible leak.  We will take a look and take a sample to test for elevated levels of fluoride present in the water to determine if it is ground water or a leak.

TPCWD has a contract call center that all calls are forwarded to after hours or on the weekends for emergencies.  Just call our normal number 740-985-3315.  Keep in mind if it is a customer issue the District charges for the cost involved with after hours work so if it can wait call back during normal business hours.  

The District now uses a radio read system where we simply drive by the meter and it gets the current reading.  We are now even experimenting with flying the system to get the meter readings.  You may not see anyone read your meter, but we are still reading meters monthly.

Yes.  The District tries to get back and cleanup customer's yards as quick as possible.  The dig site has to have time to settle as well as it has to be dry in order for cleanup to be performed.  Many times it may look dry on the surface, but under the surface it is not.  Rest assured if we dug on your property we will repair the damage as quickly as possible.

First, contact the office to confirm we have service in your area.  If so, you will need to bring proof of ownership.  There will be paperwork to sign.  We require whoevers name is listed as the owner on the proof of ownership to sign the paperwork.  Also, the tap fee needs to be paid up front.

Your landlord will need to call our office to have the water put in your name and they will need to fill out our rental  form. The landlord may require you to pay a rental deposit of $100.00.

You will need to call the office and have us get a final reading to end your water service. The new owners will need to contact us in order to leave water service on and sign the proper paperwork along with documentation to show new ownership.